Thursday 31 January 2013

Writing Prompt - alleyways


Writing prompt story

I wound through the alleyways of Lukla, searching for my quarry.
Honestly, I had no idea what I was even doing. I didn’t know this city, or the people in it. The chill air brought shivers down my spine – I was wearing a t-shirt and pants in the cold mountains of Nepal. Still, I couldn’t turn back now.

Running in more of an attempt to keep warm than catch up, I bumped into an old fruit vendor. Apologizing profusely, I had no idea what he was saying. I didn’t exactly have time to brush up on my Nepali.
I caught a glimpse of the air strip, sprinting towards it.

(to be continued? probably not.)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe not this one, but it would be nice to see more of your voice and writing in this space.

    ReplyDelete